Are you Triggering Collaboration as a Leader?
Good leaders, motivate, great leaders, engage.
As an impactful leader in your business or organization, it is key to make collaboration a priority. This involves engaging your people to share and provide the necessary constructive feedback to thrive.
Key benefits include:
- A clear focus on common goals
- Creativity through ideas contributed
- New founded clarity through hearing another viewpoint
- Solutions appear quicker with more minds working
It is a leader’s role to ensure that collaboration is being triggered on a regular basis to reap these benefits.
As an impactful leader, self-reflect if you are triggering collaboration by asking yourself the following:
- How do I go about giving everyone an equal opportunity to lead?
- When is it time for me to take the lead in a team effort?
- How often do team efforts result in the desired outcome?
- Am I controlling everything or inspiring others to work as a team?
- Do I focus on direct reports when communicating or the entire team?
- Is risk-taking rewarded even if outcomes were not as expected?
- Am I ensuring a steady stream of communication to pass through everyone to facilitate better decision making?
- Do I encourage constructive feedback on a regular basis for growth?
- Do I cultivate relationships everywhere and support active networking?
Do not be discouraged if some of these questions are no. Building collaboration as a leader requires that willingness to relinquish control emotional intelligence and moving toward a mindset of collaborative processes. Through actively self-reflecting if this is occurring, you will continually take initiative and act in a manner that collaboratively contributes to achieving the overall vision you set out for your organization or business.
My Aha Moment is about helping you to find and achieve your desired success.