Are you Triggering Collaboration as a Leader?
Good leaders, motivate, great leaders, engage.
As an impactful leader in your business or organization, it is key to make collaboration a priority. This involves engaging your people to share and provide the necessary constructive feedback to thrive.
Key benefits include:
- A clear focus on common goals
- Creativity through ideas contributed
- New founded clarity through hearing another viewpoint
- Solutions appear quicker with more minds working
It is a leader’s role to ensure that collaboration is being triggered on a regular basis to reap these benefits.
As an impactful leader, self-reflect if you are triggering collaboration by asking yourself the following:
- How do I go about giving everyone an equal opportunity to lead?
- When is it time for me to take the lead in a team effort?
- How often do team efforts result in the desired outcome?
- Am I controlling everything or inspiring others to work as a team?
- Do I focus on direct reports when communicating or the entire team?
- Is risk-taking rewarded even if outcomes were not as expected?
- Am I ensuring a steady stream of communication to pass through everyone to facilitate better decision making?
- Do I encourage constructive feedback on a regular basis for growth?
- Do I cultivate relationships everywhere and support active networking?
Do not be discouraged if some of these questions are no. Building collaboration as a leader requires that willingness to relinquish control emotional intelligence and moving toward a mindset of collaborative processes. Through actively self-reflecting if this is occurring, you will continually take initiative and act in a manner that collaboratively contributes to achieving the overall vision you set out for your organization or business.